This discussion will bring together a wide range of voices for a frank conversation about how to “heal the disconnect between people of America from different ideological, cultural, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds.”
Moderated by pastor and author John Gray, scheduled to appear are:
- Pastor Mike Hayes, Founder of Covenant Church, Texas
- Raphael Warnock, Pastor Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta
- Robert E. Lee, Descendant of Confederate General Robert E. Lee
- Daryl Davis, Musician, author, lecturer, actor and race relations expert
- Scott Shepherd, Former Grand Wizard, KKK
- Bishop Harry Jackson, Pastor of Hope Christian Church
- Jaime Harrison, Chair of South Carolina Democratic Party.
- Randy Evans, Law Partner at Dentons LLP, and future Ambassador to Luxembourg
Established in 1968 by Martin Luther King, Jr.’s widow, Coretta Scott King, The Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change (“The King Center”) is a global destination, resource center and community. Nearly a million people each year make pilgrimages to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park to learn, be inspired and pay their respects to Dr. King’s legacy.
The event is part of a week-long celebration for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.